With the rise of technology, streaming services have been growing in popularity and number. The evolution has made it easier for artists to find their way into our lives with a variety of entertainment that was once difficult or impossible access before. But what’s next? What is the future of these platforms? Here are 20+ best streaming services across genres over your next five years.
The “list of streaming services and prices 2021” is a list of the best streaming services that are currently available. The service providers on this list include Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube Premium, HBO Now, Spotify Premium, and more.
It’s not simply for millennials to watch Netflix and relax.
We’ve observed an increase in demand for OTT platforms since the epidemic struck. Digital services had been steadily gaining traction, but the epidemic laid the stage for them to sweep the globe by storm. Because cable and satellite TV are so costly, more people are seeking for lower, more inexpensive ways to watch live TV, movies, and programs online.
On-demand, live TV, and channel-specific streaming services are the three basic types of streaming services. Budget, which unique shows you like, how many screens you watch on, and other factors to consider while picking the best streaming service for yourself.
Our helpful guide below will assist you in selecting one of the most effective streaming platforms for yourself by carefully examining all of the streaming service alternatives accessible.
On-Demand Streaming Services’ Top Ten:
These are some of the greatest streaming services available worldwide.
With its unique content and flawless 4K resolution, Netflix continues to rule supreme in the streaming services sector.
- Netflix Basic: $9 per month for standard definition (SD) streaming.
- Netflix Standard: $14 per month for high definition (HD) streaming on up to two devices at the same time.
- Netflix Premium will set you back $18 per month for 4K HDR streaming with Dolby Atmos on up to four devices at the same time.
Pros: Fantastic app support, kid-friendly UI, no advertising, large collection of unique material, excellent video quality
Cons: The movie collection may be restricted when compared to other newer services; nonetheless, there is somewhat greater expansion than the competitors.
Netflix just published a selection of exclusive movies, TV series, documentaries, and comedy specials. “Bridgerton,” “Stranger Things,” and “The Witcher,” to mention a few Netflix originals, have all been huge hits. With this in mind, numerous companies have vyed for the same popularity by generating unique titles in the hopes of providing more value to their clients.
For families with several users, particularly youngsters, the platform is ideal. The user interface is simple to use and enables children to choose their own programs, making it a popular choice among families.
Netflix’s finest feature is its app compatibility, which means it can be accessed from any streaming device in the home, including desktop computers, smartphones, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Smart TVs, and more.
It supports all video and audio formats, including 4K, HDR, and Dolby Atmos, but it costs a premium for these extra features.
Hulu continues to be the go-to streaming service for diversified programming at a reasonable price.
- Hulu Basic is a $7 monthly subscription that includes ad-supported on-demand viewing.
- Hulu Premium (ad-supported on-demand streaming) costs $13 per month.
- Hulu Basic + Live TV costs $65 a month and includes ad-supported on-demand content as well as live TV viewing.
- Hulu Premium + Live TV costs $71 a month and includes both ad-free and ad-supported live TV viewing.
Pros: You can subscribe to channels like HBO, and you can combine Disney Plus is a subscription service that allows you to and ESPN+ at a price. There is also a live TV option in the ondemand library.
Cons: The basic plan is bombarded with advertising, and there is a two-device restriction, making sharing difficult.
Upgrade packages are also available from Hulu, which add Live TV channels to your current Basic or Premium service. Hulu boasts a larger TV program collection than Netflix or Amazon, with a bigger choice of new and vintage episodes.
This also offers access to selected broadcast shows on networks including ABC, FX, and Fox the following day through streaming. Hulu also features some original programming, such as “The Handmaid’s Tale.”
Hulu, like Netflix, Amazon, and Disney Plus, provides 4K and HDR streaming on some devices, but its selection is restricted compared to Netflix, Amazon, and Disney Plus.
Hulu only permits two devices to watch at once, severely limiting users’ capacity to share content. However, with a HUlu + live TV subscription, you can access unlimited screens for for $10. For an additional monthly price, you may get more channels such as HBO, Showtime, and Starz. You may also save over 30% on the monthly price of Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN when you get them all together.
Amazon Video (Amazon Prime Video)
Amazon Prime Video has also been giving its rivals a run for their money by providing consumers with low-cost movie rentals and other services.
- Amazon Prime Video costs $119 a year or $13 per month when purchased as part of an Amazon Prime membership.
- Prime Video (Standalone): $9 per month for Prime Video.
Pros: Included with Amazon Prime, it provides more movie rental and buy possibilities, as well as a variety of international titles, 4k HDR compatibility, and streaming channels.
Cons: In comparison to rivals, the Prime Video Library is vague and restricted.
“The Boys” and “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” are two examples of movies and series that are nearly free with Prime Video subscriptions. The most distinguishing aspect of the service is that you may purchase or rent any film available on home video for your own collection and view it on the Prime Video app at any time.
Since 2013, Prime Video has debuted a slew of award-winning original programs as well as a slew of BBC series and Hindi-language films from India. Unlike Netflix, you’ll receive 4k streaming capability for HDR10 + playback on certain titles for no additional price.
Prime Video is included with Prime Membership, but you may also pay $9 per month to subscribe to it separately. You may also subscribe to add-on channels for other services like Showtime, AMC Plus, and even Plus Plus Plus.
Disney Plus is still the most popular streaming service among kids and families.
Disney Plus costs $8 per month or $80 per year.
Disney Plus plus ESPN + and Hulu is available as a bundle for $14 per month.
Pros: Classic films and television programs, 4K HDR, Marvel and “Star Wars” franchises. Cons: In comparison to the competitors, the library of unique material is small, and there is no adult content. Disney Plus has become the industry’s fastest-growing streaming service. Disney’s iconic animated films, as well as blockbusters like “Star Wars” and “The Simpsons,” are exclusively available for subscription streaming on the site.
Users are captivated to its immersive Disney “Star Wars” library. Movies and series from the “Marvel” and “Pixar” franchises. Disney exclusive shoes like “The Mandalorian” and “Loki” are rated for adolescent audiences since the platform is supposed to be family-friendly. There is no R-rated material, making it simpler for parents to let their kids use the platforms and watch their favorite movies and series.
Disney Plus, which costs $8 per month, delivers the finest mix of titles, streaming quality, and value, all without the interruption of commercials. For $14 per month, you can get Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN+ bundled together. When compared to paying up for each service individually, this method saves you roughly $8 each month.
HBO Max has quietly grown in popularity and has become a fierce challenger to competitors by allowing users to watch the most recent titles as well as relive old favorites, all from the comfort of their own homes.
- HBO Max (Ad-Free): $15 a month gets you access to the entire HBO Max library without ads.
- HBO Max (Ad-supported): $10 a month for ad-supported access to the HBO Max collection (excluding Warner Bros. in-theater releases).
Pros: Warner Bros. theatrical releases, premium series and films, and Sesame Street are all available for day-and-date streaming. Cons: More expensive than competitors, and there are fewer 4K titles. With new originals, more Warner Media films, iconic episodes like “Friends,” and collections from channels like Adult Swim, TCM, DC Universe, and Crunchyroll, an anime streaming service, HBO Max offers a large catalog of highly acclaimed shows and movies from its own cable networks.
HBO Max takes pride in offering some of the most current home video releases. HBO Max is still the greatest method to catch up on previous seasons of shows like “The Wire” and “Game of Thrones.” The finest part is HBO Max’s family programming, which includes new episodes of “Sesame Street” every week.
You also get access to unique material on the day a film is released in cinemas. Viewers were fascinated to see “Wonder Woman 1984” in this format, and many more, like “The Matrix 4”, are set to be released in this format as well. HBO Max’s sole flaw is its technical shortcomings. HBO Max currently does not support 4k or HDR, restricting the quality of movies and programmes.
Classic cable TV series are revisited on Paramount Plus, which takes you down memory lane. Package Specifications:
- $5 per month or $50 per year for ad-supported streaming with Paramount Plus (Essential). Paramount
- Plus (Premium): Commercial-free streaming and live CBS for $10 per month or $100 per year.
Pros: Huge collection of old TV series, live CBS with Premium package, new releases 45 days after they hit theaters. Cons: There isn’t as much unique stuff as the competitors.
Viacom CBS’s daily new on-demand streaming service, Paramount Plus, has replaced CBS All Access. Live CBS channels are available (only in the Premium Plan), as well as a vast selection of TV series and movies.
Viewers may also get a sneak glimpse at unique material such as the relaunch of “iCarly” and numerous “Star Trek” series on Paramount Plus.
Users may subscribe to the Premium subscription after trying out the free streaming choices.
- Peacock: Access to a restricted collection of material for free through ad-supported streaming.
- Peacock Premium costs $5 per month and gives you access to the entire Peacock collection through ad-supported streaming.
- Peacock Premium Plus: $10 per month gets you access to the entire Peacock collection without ads.
Pros: You may watch episodes and movies for free, as well as live news and sports events. Cons: The Premium plan does not include many exclusives, and the movie catalog lacks current releases. There is also no support for 4K or HDR.
Peacock is a free streaming service that features a variety of well-known titles such as “30 Rock,” “Cheers,” and “The Office,” as well as some new releases. The basic plan is free, however it comes with a restricted library and is sponsored by advertisements. You’ll have to pay $10 a month for the Peacock Premium Plus plan if you want to be completely ad-free.
According to reports, the service would begin streaming brand-new Universal films barely four months after their theatrical premiere in 2022.
Live news and sports broadcasts are also available on Peacock. Highlights from the 2021 Olympics, as well as some unique WWE Network material, have already been shown on the site.
Peacock does not stream in 4K, which isn’t a big deal for most customers since the site focuses on older television shows and films.
Apple TV Plus is a subscription service for Apple TV.
Best for long free trials, Apple TV Plus is one of the most affordable, ad-free streaming services available, with high-end features like 4K resolution, HDR, and mobile downloads, offering users with both value and quality. Package Specifications:
Apple TV Plus costs $5 per month or $50 per year and includes ad-free viewing.
Apple One costs $15 per month and includes Apple TV Plus, Apple Music, 50GB of iCloud storage, and Apple Arcade.
Pros: Low cost, exclusive programs, movie rental and buy options, 4K HDR compatibility, and the ability to add streaming channels as well.
Cons: In comparison to other services, there is a limited selection of movies and series.
For those searching for a low-cost streaming subscription, Apple TV plus is the best option. You may receive ad-free access to a large library of movies and series for only $5 each month.
The Apple TV Plus library is rather minimal when compared to other platforms such as Netflix, Disney Plus, and Hulu, despite the low pricing. The absence of movies and programmes from other networks and studios is the primary disadvantage.
If you’re an Apple customer, the Apple One package is a good option. For just $15 a month, you can get Apple TV Plus, Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage.
Live TV Streaming Services at Their Finest
There are a plethora of Live TV streaming providers to select from. You may save a lot of money by using these services, but choosing the proper bundle for you will need you to figure out which TV channels are actually necessary for you to receive.
Here’s a summary of the most popular live TV services right now:
Sling Blue and Sling Orange, each $35 per month, or $50 per month when purchased combined.
- Streaming on up to three devices with Sling Blue (MSNBC, Fox News, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and the NFL Network)
- Only one streaming device is permitted at a time on Sling Orange, which includes the Disney and ESPN family of channels.
Live TV + Hulu
- The plan costs $65 per month and includes access to around 75 channels.
- If you want to watch on more than two devices at once, you’ll need to upgrade.
- Extra charge for Cloud DVR storage of more than 50 hours.
- Hulu’s on-demand service is included.
- All major local networks, the ESPN family of channels, Fox and NBC Sports channels, and SEC Network are included in the Base Bundle.
- There is no access to NFL Network, NBA TV, or MLB Network.
- At $65 per month, it’s a good deal.
- There are almost 100 channels available.
- DVR storage in the cloud for 250 hours
- Allows up to three devices to broadcast simultaneously.
- There is an additional fee for sports networks such as the SEC Network, NBA TV, and MLB Network.
- There is no extra charge for local channels.
YouTube TV is a service that allows you to watch
- It costs $65 a month to subscribe to YouTube TV.
- There are more than 85 channels available.
- There’s no limit to how much cloud DVR storage you can have, and you may watch on up to three devices at once.
- ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, NFL Network, NBA TV, and MLB Network are all available on YouTube TV.
- PBS is now available, as well as local affiliate networks from CBS, Fox, ABC, and NBC.
- AT&T TV (previously DirecTV Stream) – A no-contract plan starts at $70 per month.
- Because DirecTV Stream is owned by AT&T, the parent company of HBO Max, most of the bundles include an HBO Max subscription, which would cost $15 per month if purchased separately.
- Philo TV costs $25 per month and includes 60+ channels.
- No access to affiliate networks in your area
- There aren’t many upgrade choices for sports or cable news on the package.
- Comedy Central, MTV, and AMC are among the prominent networks available.
The Most Effective Streaming (Channel Specific)
Some streaming services may also be used to view a particular channel through the internet. These channel-specific platforms may also offer unique material that isn’t accessible anywhere else. We’ve compiled a list of some of the greatest streaming channel options available right now:
- The premium cable channel offers a variety of critically acclaimed original series and blockbuster blockbusters.
- For $11 a month, you may access Showtime straight from the official website or app, or via Prime Video or Hulu.
- provides on-demand streaming of its original programming as well as a rotating selection of films.
- It’s the only premium network where Sony pictures like “Spider-Man” and “Jumanji” may be found.
- It costs $9 a month, however the first three months are free for new customers.
- Provides unique access to specialized coverage of sports like UFC and “League of Legends,” as well as exclusive live broadcasts of sporting events.
- The subscription is $7 per month, or $14 per month if you combine it with Disney Plus and Hulu.
Conclusion: Streaming services are here to stay, as seen by the massive growth in user numbers, especially during the epidemic. The issue is whether it will completely replace cable and satellite television services, which we’re all intrigued about since each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Articles Related to This:
Free Sports Streaming Sites: Where Can I Watch Live Sports for Free?
Alternatives to Mobdro for Firestick, Android, and PC
Where Can I Watch Harry Potter Online For Free?
Watch This Video-
The “streaming services list” is a list of the best streaming services for the year 2021. The list includes top-rated streaming services, as well as some other popular ones that are worth checking out.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most popular streaming service 2021?
A: Netflix is the most popular streaming service in 2021.
Is there a better streaming service than Hulu?
A: My answer to that question would be Netflix.
Which streaming service has the highest bit rate?
A: This is a difficult question to answer because streaming services are constantly being updated with new technologies. However, YouTube consistently offers the highest bitrate at 4K resolution.
- best live tv streaming service 2021
- best streaming tv service
- list of live tv streaming services
- new streaming services 2021
- streaming services comparison