Microsoft released a new update for Windows 11, and it has broken some Xbox controllers among other things. Fortunately, these fixes may help you make your controller work again.
The “xbox controller windows 11 driver” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released 3 fixes to fix the issue.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Expert in Windows and Software
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- Several players have reported that their Xbox controllers have stopped functioning or are no longer recognized.
- Because of obsolete or faulty drivers, or because of power management settings, Windows 11 may not recognize USB devices.
- Installing the most current version of the controller drivers is one possibility for addressing the problem.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Problems and malfunctions are nothing new for certain users, who have been experiencing them on a daily basis since installing Windows 11.
A huge number of consumers have reported a major difficulty with the Xbox controller’s connection to the PC.
The error message seems to suggest that the USB device is not identified, in which case the most current driver update is required.
If your Xbox controller isn’t operating correctly for any other reason, the solutions suggested below may be able to help. Make sure to test them out thoroughly, step by step.
Which Xbox controllers are compatible with PC?
If you prefer a gamepad to a mouse and keyboard while gaming on your computer, you may utilize an Xbox One controller to play games on your computer.
Furthermore, because Windows 11 (as well as Windows 10) natively support the Xbox One controller, the setup process is extremely simple.
The way you use to connect your Xbox One controller to your PC, on the other hand, may vary somewhat depending on the kind of gamepad you have and the method you use.
If you don’t mind a wired connection, connecting any Xbox One controller to a PC with a USB cord is by far the easiest way to get started. The Xbox One S and Elite gamepads from Microsoft can also be utilized in this way.
A Micro USB port is included on every Xbox One controller. As a result, you may use a Micro USB to USB Type-A converter to connect them straight to a computer (sold separately). There’s nothing more to do since Windows can identify connected Xbox One controllers automatically.
What can I do if Windows 11 doesn’t detect my controller?
1. Disconnect and reconnect the controller.
You may completely reset your Xbox console by restarting it, doing a full power cycle, or physically detaching it from your PC.
Several times, try disconnecting and replugging the controller into the PC. This simple tactic should always be your first option since it constantly yields excellent outcomes.
2. Install the latest USB driver
- Select Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start icon.
- Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers folder, right-click on each USB option, and choose Update driver from the context menu.
Allow the procedures to complete before restarting your computer to effect the modifications. You may now try again using the Xbox controller.
3. Uninstall the Xbox controller driver and reinstall it.
- Select Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start icon.
- Expand the Xbox One controller area, right-click it, and choose Uninstall driver from the menu that appears.
Restart your computer after the process is done. Windows will automatically reinstall the driver while the machine is restarting. Expand the Xbox One controller area, right-click it, and choose Uninstall driver from the menu that appears.
4. Turn off your antivirus software.
- Right-click on your antivirus icon and choose Avast shields control, then Disable for 10 minutes from the expand arrow on your taskbar.
- If you have other antivirus applications installed, you may temporarily deactivate the app by following the same or similar methods as before.
If the problem has gone away, it’s likely that your antivirus software was the source of the issue. To secure your machine, you should try using another appropriate antivirus solution for Windows 11.
5. Make a Windows update
- To launch the Settings app, press the Windows key + I, then choose Windows Update from the left panel.
- If you need to download any new updates, click the Install now option and wait for the procedure to complete; otherwise, click the Check for updates button.
You’re using an older version of Windows….
Running an older version of Windows might be causing the problem, which can be easily fixed by upgrading the operating system. The problem will most likely be resolved in future iterations.
6. Replace your USB cord.
When you attempt to use an Xbox controller and get a message that says USB device not recognized, it’s conceivable that the issue is with your cable.
Users report that USB cables come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with some meant simply for charging and others optimized for both charging and data transmission.
Try switching out the USB cable to see if that fixes the issue if your Xbox controller isn’t operating correctly or isn’t being recognized.
What is the purpose of the Xbox Game Pass?
Xbox Games Pass gives you access to over 300 games that you can download and play on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S console for a single monthly fee.
Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft’s most important new gaming platform to date, is now available to all Windows 11 users. Several other video game subscription services have tried to position themselves as the Netflix of video games, but this app is the real deal.
It costs $10 per month and provides you access to a continuously changing library of fantastic PC games. Game Pass is also available on consoles for a $15 monthly membership cost.
The catalog contains a plethora of intriguing third-party games, such as Dragon Ball FighterZ and The Forgotten City, in addition to every major Microsoft game, from Gears 5 to Halo Infinite. Take advantage of the games while you can since they are only accessible for a short period on the service.
For the same price as the regular Xbox Game Pass, you can get Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass for PC, EA Play, and access to Xbox Cloud Gaming (formerly known as Project xCloud) with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Take a look at our piece on the finest features, games, and bargains available on Xbox Game Pass to learn more about this beautiful Windows 11 feature.
Check read our post on how to solve Xbox One controller not detected problem in Windows 10 for more information and possible solutions that are also relevant to Windows 11.
Alternatively, you may read our tutorial on how to repair Windows 11 not recognizing USB devices to learn about an alternative set of options for resolving the Xbox problem.
Let us know which approach worked best for you, as well as which game from the Xbox Game Pass package you play the most in the comments below. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “windows 11 controller not working” is a problem that many Xbox users are experiencing. There are 5 fixes to fix the issue, and one of them will work for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why wont my PC detect my Xbox controller?
A: If your PC does not detect the Xbox controller, then it is most likely because you are using an analogue stick for a different input such as mouse or keyboard. In order to get around this issue, try plugging in a USB key plugged into one of your controllers and use that instead.
Does Xbox controller work with Windows 11?
A: Unfortunately, Xbox controllers only work with the Windows 10 operating system.
How do I get my computer to recognize my Xbox One controller?
A: First, you will need to make sure that the controller is paired with your computer wirelessly. You can do this by going down to Device Manager and clicking on the Xbox One Controller under Other Devices. If its not already paired, connect the controller via USB when prompted and follow these instructions:
1-Right click on My Computer 2-Click Properties 3- Click Hardware 4- The button should have a question mark next to it 5- Right click on Game Controllers 6 – Left click Add device 7 – Select Universal Serial Bus Controller 8 – Follow other prompts
- xbox controller driver windows 11 download
- xbox controller windows 11 driver error
- xbox one controller driver error windows 11
- how to fix controller not working on pc
- windows 11 controller support