In the wake of recent events, Hulu has been making a push to protect its customers from shady streaming services. The company is now offering ad-free viewing with their new app and by partnering with Apple TV for subscriptions. Who does it benefit? And what are some questions we should be asking about this shift in strategy?
The “how to watch hulu live tv on samsung smart tv” is a question that has been asked by many users. Samsung TVs are compatible with Hulu Live TV, but other devices such as Roku and Apple TV may not be.
Hulu Live TV may be seen on a variety of devices, including smart TVs, streaming players, smartphones, and more. However, since Hulu provides both live and on-demand video, some device owners may discover that they can download the app but still can’t watch live TV. This is especially true with older models.
Hulu Live TV is one of the most widely used live TV streaming services in the United States. A regular membership costs $64.99 per month, making it more costly than comparable providers like fuboTV and YouTube TV, but still competitive. The inclusion of the basic Hulu membership is where the service manages to bring extra value. This alone provides the user with a considerable amount of more material at no further expense.
Hulu not only has two separate applications, but it also delivers what is basically two different services via one app. They are technically the same program, with the exception that one is newer than the other. These are Hulu’s ‘Latest’ and ‘Classic’ applications, respectively. Devices are usually compatible with one of the applications, and this compatibility has a direct impact on Hulu’s ability to access live TV channels and content.
Devices that work with Hulu Live TV
Overall, Hulu Live TV has a fair degree of device compatibility, and as long as a device is compatible with the Latest app, it should be able to watch live TV channels as well. There are a few exceptions to this rule. The Latest app is compatible with Sony’s PlayStation 3 and Comcast’s Xfinity X1, for example, but neither can access live TV programming.
Hulu is available on the following platforms and devices:
- Amazon The Echo Show (Amazon Echo Show)
- Tablets from Amazon
- Amazon Fire TV is a streaming media player from Amazon.
- Android devices include phones and tablets.
- Android Television (Android TV)
- Apple TV
- Apple’s iPhone and iPad
- LG TVs
- Nintendo Switch is a game console that was released in is a game console that was released in
- Browsers for Mac and PC
- Xbox is a video game console developed by Microsoft.
- Samsung televisions
- PlayStation by Sony
- SmartCast TVs from Vizio
- Xfinity Flex is a service provided by Xfinity. is a service provided by Xfinity.
Devices running the aforementioned platforms can all download the latest Hulu app and access Hulu’s live TV channels. This does not, however, imply that every device operating on one of these platforms will have access to live television. If a platform is enabled but a device isn’t, the user will most likely be able to download the Hulu app, but just to access the basic Hulu subscription library and not live TV.
On smart TVs, you may watch Hulu Live TV.
Hulu Live TV may be seen on a variety of smart TVs. Many of the most common brands and TV operating systems are supported, so many people and families should be able to download and watch live TV using the Latest Hulu app.
- Smart TVs with the Amazon Fire TV Edition
- Android TV from Hisense
- LG Televisions (webOS 3.5 or higher)
- Roku TVs
- Samsung Television (2016 or later)
- Android TV Sony Bravia (2015 or later)
- SmartCast TVs from Vizio (all models)
Hulu Live TV may be downloaded directly on a broad range of TVs via the corresponding app store on the device, including Android TV, Fire TV, and Roku, as well as newer Samsung, Sony, and Vizio smart TVs. If a user installs the Hulu app but is unable to watch live TV while having an active subscription, the issue is most likely due to the TV’s lack of live TV capability, rather than an issue with the app.
Players and set-top boxes are used to watch movies.
Hulu Live TV, like smart TVs, is compatible with a broad range of streaming devices, mostly owing to support for Android TV, Fire TV, and Roku.
Hulu Live TV-compatible streaming players include:
- Apple TV is a device that allows you to watch (4th generation)
- 4K Apple TV
- Google TV with Chromecast
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Shield by Nvidia
- Roku is a streaming media player (select models)
- Xfinity Flex
- Mi Box is a Xiaomi product (never models)
Roku is a streaming device that has been around for a long time. Roku has introduced a number of various players and devices throughout the years. While many of them support the Latest app, some, such as the Roku LT, Roku 1 (model 2710X), and Roku 2 don’t (model 2720X)
Roku devices that work with Hulu Live TV:
- Roku 2 is the second generation of Roku (model 4210X)
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
- Roku Express and Roku Express+ are two different types of Roku devices.
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+ are two different types of Roku devices.
- The Roku Streaming Stick is a device that allows you to watch movies and TV (model 3500X or later)
- Roku XXXXXXXXXX
Using other devices to watch
If a person or family is unable to watch live TV via Hulu on their favorite smart TV or streaming player, they may utilize one of a variety of other devices.
- Android devices include phones and tablets (Android 5.0 and above)
- Chromebooks are Chrome OS devices.
- Echo Show
- Tablets with Fire (Fire OS 5 or higher)
- Apple’s iPhone (5S or later)
- Apple’s iPod Touch (6th generation)
- Nintendo Switch
- Browser-based access to a Mac (macOS X 10.13 or above)
- Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft’s operating system.
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- Xbox is a video game console developed by Microsoft.
Apple, like Roku, provides a range of iPad types and models, and not all of them are supported. If you have a newer iPad, you shouldn’t have any problems, but if you have an older device, you could have trouble watching live TV with the Latest Hulu app.
Hulu Live TV is compatible with the following iPad models:
- iPad is a tablet computer that is used (5th gen or later)
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
- Mini iPad (2, 3 and 4)
In addition, Hulu’s live TV channels may be seen on a variety of devices by using the newest version of a desktop or mobile web browser to visit the website.
Web browsers that work with Hulu Live TV include:
- Microsoft Edge is a browser developed by Microsoft.
Summary of Hulu Live TV supported devices
Hulu Live TV is compatible with a broad range of devices, including smart TVs and streaming players running Android TV, Fire TV, or Roku OS. This is in addition to Samsung, LG, and Vizio smart televisions, as well as newer Apple TV players. Live TV channels may also be viewed on modern cellphones, tablets, game consoles, and via a web browser if none of these devices are accessible.
The most important thing to keep in mind with Hulu is whether or not your gadget is compatible with the most recent version of the app, which is essential to watch live TV. Even yet, certain customers, such as those with a PS3 or an Xfinity X1, may discover that they can download the updated software but still can’t watch live TV on Hulu.
Watch This Video-
The “how to watch hulu on tv” is a question that has been asked for a long time. Hulu now supports devices that are compatible with the service, such as smart TVs and players.
Frequently Asked Questions
What smart TVs work with Hulu live?
A: You can use any smart TV with Hulu.
Can I get Hulu live on any smart TV?
A: Unfortunately, Hulu is not available on any smart TV platform. If you want to watch the latest episodes of your favorite shows, you will need an internet connected device like a laptop or tablet.
Can you watch Hulu live on Samsung Smart TV?
A: Yes, you can watch Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV by using a media player like Plex.
- hulu supported devices
- hulu live compatible devices
- hulu not working on samsung smart tv
- hulu tv
- hulu devices limit